Hi guys! I have a nail art post for y'all today. I know, it's been too long since I did a nail art post. The truth is, I am incredibly lazy and impatient when it comes to doing my nails so I usually stick with one color and maybe add some water decals. Today's manicure is a reverse gradient design that looks kind of trippy but is fairly easy (though time consuming) to do. To see a quick how-to, the products I used, and a close-up shot, click......
Thumb: Molly (Red), Alicia (Pink)
Pointer Finger: Alma (Yellow), Ingrid (Orange)
Middle Finger: Dianna (Teal), Popova (Green)
Ring Finger: Jessica (Baby Blue), Annie (Dark Blue)
Pinky: Joy (Mauve), Gayle (Purple)
1. Optional: Prep your cuticles with the "Elmer's Glue Cuticle Shield", I haven't discovered this technique when I did this look, hence the messy cuticle.
2. Sponge on a gradient, use two similar colors, one light, one dark. Place the darker one at the base of the nail and the light at the tip.
3. After the sponging is completely dried, stick on ~4 striping tapes on the nail, equidistant from one another.
4. Sponge on another gradient, this time reverse your color order (darker one at the tip and the lighter one at the base).
5. Immediately remove striping tape after you apply the second gradient.
6. Apply top coat after the gradient has completely dried.
The technique is a bit time consuming but with the end result looking almost like an optical illusion, it's worth the effort!
Will you give this look a try? Let me know in the comments below!