(Makes about 30-35 cookies)
-2 1/2 Cups of all purpose flour
-1/4 Teaspoon of salt
-1 1/2 Cups of unsalted butter
~2/3 Cups of superfine sugar (I used powdered sugar; adjust the amount to your liking)
-2 Tablespoons of finely chopped thyme
-1/3 Cup of roughly chopped dried cranberry
1. Sift together flour and salt, set aside.
2. Cream together butter and sugar on low speed until smooth.
3. Add thyme.
4. Add flour mixture little at a time while mixing on low until dough forms (use a hook attachment if using stand mixer).
5. Shape dough into a flattened ball (it is ok if dough is still a bit crumby), chill in fridge for at least 20 minutes.
6. Roll out dough on well floured surface to 1/3 of an inch thick and cut with cookie cutter; transfer onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes until pale golden.
There you go, this is super easy to make. Adding the cranberry was my mom's idea (Happy Mother's day mom!) and it make the cookies extra yummy. To be honest, the thyme is not a big player in this because I could not taste it at all though it did make the cookies look fancy and classy!
Anyways, hope you give this a try! Thanks for reading,