Sheer Botanical Lipstick ($17 CAD) a soft and smooth texture and an incredibly comfortable wear. To see some swatches and my review, click......
The Sheer Botanical Lipsticks come in translucent red lipstick tubes with caps that sort of have a leaf-like design.
Cherry oil, rich in omega 6 and 9, gives the lipstick a super lightweight formulation and a natural shine. The lipsticks have a very smooth texture that melts upon application. The pigmentation is quite sheer but buildable. The wear isn't phenomenal (much like a lip balm), but it is very moisturizing.
There are a total of 12 shades in the line and I have swatched 6 of them.
42. Rose Vif (Bright Pink): This is a sheer bright pink with no shimmer. The actual color is a lot lighter than it looks in the tube.
12. Marron Glace (Frosted Chestnut): This is the perfect "my lips but better" color, perfect for when I just want a tiny bit of color and natural shine on my lips.
22. Corail Doux (Soft Coral): This is a soft and creamy coral with no shimmers. The color is very spring-y and youthful.
51. Rouge Groseille (Red Currants): A soft orangish red, Red Currants has also has a super sheer formulation that looks a lot less intense than it does in the tube.
52. Cerise Noire (Black Cherry): This one is a gorgeous plummy maroon. The pigmentation is comparably more intense and it just makes the lips look super plump and healthy.
61. Tangerine: The only one of the six lipsticks with a subtle shimmer, Tangerine is a soft orange that's perfect for those that want orange lips but can't commit to crazy bright orange lipsticks.
Here are the shades swatched on the arms, I used about five swipes for each color:
|From left to right: Bright Pink, Black Cherry, Frosted Chestnut.|
Red Currants, Tangerine, Soft Coral
(click on image to enlarge)
Even though I am usually a fan of more opaque, matte lipsticks, I was thoroughly impressed with the formulation of the Sheer Botanical Lipsticks. They are low maintenance, easy to apply, and super moisturizing and comfortable on the lips. My favorite shades from these six are Black Cherry and Frosted Chestnut. Which one do you like the best? Share with me in the comments below and thanks for dropping by!
The Sheer Botanical Lipstick collection is available as of September 2014 online and in stores at Yves Rocher.